Open Source Immersion Program from Facebook 🤝 OSCA
2 min read
Open Source Community Africa is partnering with Facebook Developer Circles for the ongoing Open Source Immersion Program from Facebook. This program is a month-long celebration of Open Source technology, run by Facebook with the goal to provide developers with practical education and experience contributing to Open Source projects.
Here's a unique opportunity for you to build your Open Source skills and get familiar with GitHub. There’s also a strong chance of receiving some limited edition Facebook swag 😉
The Open Source Immersion Program
Over one month starting July 15, 2020, at 12:00 AM PST, participants in the Open Source Immersion will benefit from a range of educational experiences and receive support as they submit Pull Requests (PR) on GitHub.
Upon successful participation, you'll get an opportunity to qualify for:
- A certificate of participation.
- A limited-edition swag giveaway from Facebook for Developers (For the first 1,000 eligible participants).
How to Get Started
- Head over to the Developer Circles Open Source Immersion registration page to sign up and get started.
- Sign Facebook’s contributor license agreement (CLA).
- Create a minimum of 4 contributions/pull requests into Open Source projects with at least 1 out of 4 PRs towards any project within DevC GitHub Organization or any Facebook-led Open Source project.
Learn more about the program here.
This initiative ends soon, don't miss the unique opportunity for you to build your Open Source skills and get familiar with GitHub.
Join our Discord server for more updates and don’t forget to keep us posted on your progress so we can celebrate your learning and contributions too! 🥳